Thursday, July 16, 2015

You Have Been Waiting for This.....

Our Asylum Anne has been at work again this month!  We gave you part of the story on the 1st...evil we are!  But we have decided you have waited long enough so here it is with her fabulous story!


" For me, the July challenge was to incorporate a digistamp from Ike's Art I had chosen "Giger", a rather abstract shape with a skeleton, possibly owing something to Zombie-ness, and possibly, with those pipelines, hinting at steampunkery. I printed it onto acetate, and coloured with Spectrum Noir pens. Nothing was gelling for a while, until the "theme" came to mind: Police dragging evidence out of the sea: a long-lost, partly-decomposed diver, partly rotted, partly still in his/her diving suit. I've done a lot of overtly maritime pieces lately, and couldn’t throw it off completely. I've also been experimenting with subtle backgrounds, so using Distress Ink colour Iced Spruce onto the cream tag for the skull-bone background stamp was a start. Though I masked off the police box-helicopter, and where Giger would go first. It wouldn't be a tag without something threaded through the top, so out with the spool of crinkle wire. The police box and propellors were outlined in glossy accents - it comes with such a controllable fine nozzle, whereas tar gel I'm drizzling off a kebeb skewer.


" Then it was out with the tar gel, to imply water dripping off the corpse as it was lifted up by the police chopper. The trick is to start at the bottom and drizzle it upwards, to show the water trailing out from the body. Into the tar gel I sprinkled watch parts, especially those teeny tiny parts that can be so hard to use up!. On top of that I sprinkled white glitter. When it was dry, I shook off the excess. The cable winching it into the sky is a length of crinkle wire - again hinting at the steampunk theme."

Main Supplies:
Giger digi stamp: http://www.ikesart.com/#!__digital-art-stamps
Whimsical flying police box http://www.vlvstamps.com/index.php/whimsical-flying-police-box-2-1-2-x-2-1-2.html
Zig zag Krausbouillion 28g crinkle wire, and watch parts are from http://www.silvercrowcreations.com/
Skull background stamp: a Rick St Denis image vulcanized by Smeared Ink on their Morte plate.

 Now you have the "rest of the story"!

More of Ike's fabulous art coming on the 22nd and the 27th of this month!!  And a surprise posting by No Good CT Nan with a wicked cool new image that Ike has put in the store very recently!!  Muwahahahaha! Leaving you with 3 more teasers!!

And Evil Froggy is getting very very upset and horrid....as you know we are searching for our last post's writer....he has hidden her somewhere!  Oh the horrors she might be facing!  Get your entry into Evil Froggy and, fingers crossed, we can get her back in time for August! You wouldn't want to miss her awesome make now would you?  We are counting on you to help us! Leaving the light off but HAVE removed that errrr.....thingy...yes, thingy from under the floor board so no worries there!  We can hear her faintly calling...hurry!

EEKKKK!

5 comments:

  1. EXCELLENT !!! This is a fabulous creation and that Tar Jel stuff is fascinating !!! Never seen that before :-)
    Hmmmmmmm.... I can just smell that body now .... yeeeeuuuuck !!! Takes me back to my working days :-D !!

    Thanks for using mine to make this fabulous story :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WoWza !!! I went to look at that Finnabair link and I don't think I'd ever in a month of Sundays be as good as those ladies I saw creating in there !!!! Awesomeness :-D xx

      Delete
    2. Are they fabulous or what? LOL I don't look anyone in the eye when I post something there! hehe But a lovely group they always say lovely things even when my make has snakes in her hair or is a big ole Frankie head! ;)

      Delete
    3. And thanks for the fab comment on CT Anne's nightmare causing make!! Can't swim so already scared of the water, but I don't think this guy went into the water how can I put it? alive??? LOL Thanks so much for sponsoring us! Another make by all 4 of us on the 22nd..don't miss it! hugsxx

      Delete
  2. I'm sure those Victorian steampunkers would have known to wear breather masks ike. i loved working with this image, it will be used again for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and partaking of our weirdness! Play on kind souls!
~~~(insert grown up voice)

A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.